- Use your unique link to make a gift on March 22, 2023 to any area you are passionate about.
- Encourage your personal network to make a gift utilizing the same unique link.
- Represent Longwood by wearing your favorite Lancer gear (if you can) and sharing stories, posts, and more on social media throughout the day using #LoveYourLongwood.
Below are some useful resources and tips that we hope will make your Love to the Max experience that much better!
Click one of the social media icons above to see tips, tricks, and sample posts to get you well on your way to mastering being a Love to the Max Ambassador!
Looking to get the word out with Facebook? This guide will help you get started and on the road to creating a successful strategy.
Below is a list of ways you can begin engaging your peers, friends, and family as we prepare for Love Your Longwood Day!
Talk it up! Post interesting information about Love Your Longwood Day, why you are supporting the day, and share success stories and photos. Ask your followers questions to engage them in dialogue. Remember to keep posts brief! You don’t want to lose your audience by presenting lengthy updates.
Tell everyone that the area that you are supporting is a part of Love Your Longwood Day. Be sure to tell people what it is all about. Let them know how they can donate and ask them to spread the word as well.
Sample Facebook Posts
- Save the date: Love Your Longwood Day is on March 22, 2023! You can be part of the celebration by giving to your favorite area. Visit [insert unique link] to find out more. #LoveYourLongwood
- The real success of Love Your Longwood Day will not be how much money we raise but the tremendous impact those dollars will have when Longwood puts them to work! Join the giving on March 22nd at [insert unique link]. #LoveYourLongwood
- Let’s show Longwood that we are full of love! On March 22nd, join me and together we can celebrate Love Your Longwood Day and help Longwood continue cultivating and molding citizen leaders! #LoveYourLongwood
- I'm so excited to support Love Your Longwood Day! You can support it too by visiting my ambassador page at [insert unique link] and donating on March 22nd, 2023.
- On March 22, 2023, give where your heart is! To support Longwood during Love Your Longwood Day, go to [insert unique link]. #LoveYourLongwood
Want to quickly engage donors and share information about your fundraising efforts? Twitter is instant and efficient!
Below you will find a few tips to help you have success.
Follow @LongwoodU’s Twitter account.
Tell your followers that you are fundraising for Love Your Longwood Day. Tell your followers about the specific area that you support and begin to build a story around that. Use some of the suggested tweets provided below.
Use #hashtags and @handles. Whenever you share information you can include the @LongwoodU handle and always use #LoveYourLongwood to further spread the word. Show that you are a part of Love Your Longwood Day by using the hashtag in all of your tweets.
Don’t just follow! Become a part of the conversation. Let people know that you are out there and engaged. Respond to tweets like you are holding a conversation. You never know where this may lead.
Share pictures, videos and interesting content. Twitter is not just about your words. Pictures and videos draw people in, and sharing interesting articles about what you and others are doing shows that you are part of a community.
Tweet, retweet and tweet again (especially during Love Your Longwood Day)!
Sample Twitter Posts
- Are you ready to be a part of Love Your Longwood Day? It’s a day to celebrate all the good going on at @longwoodu! #LoveYourLongwood
- Mark your calendars for March 22nd. It will be a day for everyone to support Love Your Longwood Day. You can find out more by visiting [insert unique link]! #LoveYourLongwood
- On March 22nd, help us celebrate Love Your Longwood Day by supporting Longwood! Check out more at [insert unique link] #LoveYourLongwood
- Get pumped for Love Your Longwood Day! Join the conversation by following @longwoodu and retweeting any #LoveYourLongwood posts!
- Get ready to get up and give for Love Your Longwood Day on March 22nd! Follow @longwoodu to stay updated on the giving momentum!
- A little can go a long way when we all come together and give together on March 22nd for Love Your Longwood Day! Visit [insert unique link] to make a gift! #LoveYourLongwood
Looking to harness the power of visual communication? Take advantage of the ability to communicate with potential supporters with impactful images and catchy captions.
Follow @longwooduniversity on Instagram.
Connect your Instagram and Facebook accounts. Make sure that your Instagram posts are automatically posted on Facebook. Connecting Facebook and Instagram harnesses the power of both social media platforms at once and allows you to reach a wider audience.
Find powerful images. People-centric, positive images will help you draw in new followers. Focus on sharing images that speak to your organization’s mission and your target audience. Canva.com is a great way to take your own photographs or a stock image to the next level. If you want to include important dates, statistics, or quotes, Canva lets you add text right on top of the image as well as provides you with a suite of photo editing tools.
Socialize! Like other supporters’ posts, and consider re-sharing posts that stand out and speak to your cause. Showcasing the stories and individuals that propel the mission of Love Your Longwood Day will help you gain more followers, recognition, and traction in advance of Love Your Longwood Day.
Use #LoveYourLongwood, in addition to other creative hashtags. 1-2 hashtags per post is the sweet spot. Start with a branded or specific hashtag- like a tagline or fun phrase. Having a succession of hashtags helps with branding!
Create a regular schedule for posting. We recommend posting at least 2-3 times per week to stay in your followers' feeds! If you integrate your Instagram posts with Facebook, you’ll want to consider how your Instagram posts will fit in with your other scheduled Facebook posts. Consider making posts that show a chronological history of Longwood, if applicable.
Have fun! Instagram is a really playful platform, and the perfect opportunity to let the unique people, history, and moments of Longwood shine through your photos, captions, and hashtags! Instagram is a fantastic opportunity to relate to your supporters, showing them who you are and what you stand for.
See templates ▼
Click the icon above to see sample emails to send to your network before, during, and after Love Your Longwood Day!
You can use these email templates to reach out to your personal network and spread the word about your fundraiser. Just copy and paste the text below into your email client and add some personal flair to make it your own!
Before Love Your Longwood Day
Subject: Join me in Supporting Love Your Longwood Day!
Hi [FIRST NAME],
I am excited to announce that I am supporting Longwood during Love Your Longwood Day by taking on the role of a fundraising ambassador. Learn more about Love Your Longwood Day at [insert unique link].
My fundraising will specifically help [NAME OF YOU AREA] to [OBJECTIVE]!
[YOUR FUNDRAISER STORY: Why are you fundraising? What impact has Longwood and the area you are supporting had on you?]
Thank you for supporting me and Longwood!
Subject: I Need Your Help!
Hi [first name],
Love Your Longwood Day is only [DAYS UNTIL] days away. [Area you are supporting] is participating in this 24-hour day of giving and I want to support them on March 22nd. I need your help to make a difference!
Your contributions can make a big impact on Longwood!
[EXAMPLE 2, ETC.]
Together we can make a difference. Visit love.longwood.edu to support me and Longwood University!
During Love Your Longwood Day
Subject: Love Your Longwood Day is here!
TODAY is the day! It’s March 22nd, so the time to give is now. My goal is to raise $[YOUR FUNDRAISER GOAL] in support of [NAME OF YOUR SUPPORT AREA], but I can’t reach my goal alone.
Please join me in helping Longwood to [OBJECTIVE] by visiting love.longwood.edu.
If you’ve already donated, thank you so much for your support! I hope you’ll consider sharing my ambassador page [insert unique link] with your friends and family on social media to get the word out about Love Your Longwood Day and the difference we can all make for Longwood!
Subject: Only a few more hours left to give!
Can you believe Love Your Longwood Day is almost over? With [$ AMOUNT YOU’VE RAISED SO FAR] already raised for Longwood, I am proud of my impact as a Love to the Max Ambassador!
I am so thankful for the support of my community throughout this day - but the giving isn’t over yet! Visit love.longwood.edu and make a contribution to help Longwood and me reach our goals.
You can also show your support by sharing my fundraising page with your friends and family on social media!
Thank you again!
After Love Your Longwood Day
Subject: Thank you
Thank you so much for all of your support during Love Your Longwood Day. Because of you, I was able to raise $[AMOUNT RAISED IN YOUR FUNDRAISER] for Longwood University! Together, we made a difference.